Super moist banana bread made simply and classically. This recipe is versatile and welcomes any additions such as 1⁄2 cup of walnuts, 1⁄2 cup of raisins or 1⁄2 cup of chocolate chips. The world went stir crazy for banana bread so try our irresistible recipe for your quick fix.
Servings: 25 squares
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour
Total : 1 hour 15 minutes
Kitchenstar Pizza Cutter
● 3 over-ripe bananas
● 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
● 1⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
● 1⁄4 cup sour cream
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 cup plain flour
● 1 tsp baking soda
● 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Preheat an oven to 180C, lightly grease a loaf tin and line with parchment paper then set aside.
2. Into a mixing bowl add the dark brown sugar, softened butter and sour cream, whisk together to create a light and fluffy consistency.
3. Then add the egg to the mixing bowl, stir together to combine the ingredients.
4. Sieve the flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder into the mixing bowl.
5. Mash the bananas with the back of a fork until roughly crushed and pour into the mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract. Fold the ingredients together to form a uniform consistency, the dough will be wet.
6. Transfer the banana bread batter to the loaf tin and place in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Remove the banana bread from the oven and check with a cake tester, if it comes out clean when inserted into the middle then it is ready. Allow the banana bread to cool inside the loaf tin for 30 minutes.
8. Lift the banana bread out of the tin and cool completely. Then place the cooked banana bread onto a chopping board and thickly slice using the Kitchenstar Pizza Cutter.
9. Serve the banana bread as is, spread with butter or lightly toasted.